FLINTKNAPPING

FLINTKNAPPING RESEARCH

Monday, May 22, 2006

Why the World Flintknapping Society Failed


Why the World Flintknapping Society Failed!

Well, for the most part, most people are selfish and mean and did not want anything I had anything to do with work. Furthermore, I was pointing out the lack of ethics, morals, and knowledge expressed by modern knappers. Stated in substance, I sketched their sins in the
sand. Preground slabs, I stated, make very nice points. Preground slab flaking is not flint-
knapping in a traditional view point, it is lapidary art. I find lapidary art very pleasing and
have no issue with it.

Why was I cut out the "TARP" well, I was pointing out the lack of ethics, morals, and knowledge expressed by modern knappers. Stated in substance, I sketched their sins in the
sand. Most modern knappers have no concern with archaeology, lithics of any sort of code of ethics. The WFS offered a code to follow...that's why it failed.